Who can apply?
- Students in undergraduate (e.g. bachelor's) and master's degree programs in all disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two academic years by the time the scholarship period begins.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of language, regional studies and technical language courses offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- Course providers and courses offered can be found on the DAAD website at: www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste.
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the funding
- The courses have a duration of at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding arrival and departure days) with at least 25 teaching hours per week each.
- The grants are not extendable.
- The courses usually take place between the months of June and September.
- One-time scholarship payment of 1,134 euros; scholarship holders from the "Least Developed Countries" receive a scholarship in the amount of1,309 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance.
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits.
The above-mentioned scholarship benefits (including the travel allowance) are not transferred abroad.
The course fees and accommodation costs are usually directly deducted from the scholarship benefits by the language course provider, so that the scholarship holder may "only" receive the difference to the full amount from the course provider.
- A selection committee will review all applications
- Key selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing letter of motivation for choice of study programme and future academic project