Entry period: Submit your art between 12:00pm (EDT) on April 3 and 5:00pm (EDT) on May 12, 2023.
- To participate, you must be 18 years or older and enrolled as a full-time student in a university degree program in the U.S. or Canada.
- All submissions must include an original photo and description (max. five sentences). AI-generated art is not allowed. Plagiarized works will be disqualified.
- Maximum file size for photo uploads is 8 MB.
- Photos must be sent as a .jpg or .png file to daad.newyork (at) daad.de
- Horizontal, vertical, or square photos are acceptable; panorama images are not.
- Do not submit artwork that feature inappropriate content or copyrighted material.
First prize: Round-trip airfare to Germany (up to $1700)
Second prize: A free German language course at the Goethe-Institut (online or in person)
Third prize: A digital drawing tablet