Diese Seite liegt derzeit nur in englischer Sprache vor, aber weitere Infos über die Deutsche Wissenschafts- und Innovationshäuser in der deutschen Sprache sind zu finden unter: http://www.germaninnovation.info/deutsch.html
The GCRI New York was opened on February 19, 2010. It was established as one of five German Houses of Research and Innovation (DWIHs) worldwide and is part of the German government's Strategy for the Internationalization of Science and Research.
The GCRI's primary goals consist of:
- Presenting Germany to the North American market as a land of research and innovation
- Enhancing the dialogue between academia and industry
- Creating a forum for the initiation and enhancement of transatlantic projects
- Providing an information platform for the German research and innovation landscape
The German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI) New York facilitates transatlantic collaboration by bringing together leaders in science, the humanities, and technology. The GCRI provides a platform to foster creativity and enhance innovation in a rapidly changing world.
GCRI realizes its mission through a wide range of activities, such as:
- Convening workshops, symposia, and conferences to showcase cutting-edge research and explore collaborative solutions to global problems
- Providing a “one-stop shop” for information about the German research landscape and funding sources
- Promoting German contributions to research, development, and innovation
- Creating opportunities for graduate students and other young researchers to connect with German institutions and support them in their careers
- Supporting North American universities as they develop strategies to enhance collaborations with Germany in science, the humanities, technology, and industry
Under the joint leadership of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Research Foundation (DFG), the GCRI receives its funding through the German Federal Foreign Office’s Research and Academic Relations Initiative. Additional designated partners are the alliance of German science organizations and the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce. For more information, please visit the GCRI partner institutions page.